Donut muffins..they taste of cake donuts and muffins combined in one. They are good rolled in a sugar and cinnamon mixture or drizzled with a glaze while still warm..extra special if you do both!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a medium size bowl cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat till well blended.
- Mix dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and stir until well combined.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 425º for 16 minutes or until golden in color.
- Remove from oven, cool for approx 2 or 3 minutes, just until you can handle them.
- Roll donuts in sugar/cinnamon mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Or dip tops of muffins in melted butter and then into cinnamon/mixture or drizzle with a glaze.
- Yield: 12 muffins