I was using up a bit of this and that the other day and put together this quick little muffin with the two bananas, left over ricotta cheese and buttermilk that I had in the fridge.
They are moist and have a tender crumb with just a touch of sweetness.
- 2 medium very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup natural bran
- Stir together all above ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the dry ingredients below.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
4. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes. While the muffins are baking, warm a tablespoon of honey to make it runny and brush over the muffins as soon as you remove them from the oven. Return to the oven for a few minutes to glaze the muffins. Test with a toothpick to be sure they are baked through and the toothpick tests clean.