Here is a recipe that is a perfect mid week night dinner. Quick and easy while you are rushing off to the next soccer game or music lesson.
It comes together quickly. Can be assembled ahead of time and baked when needed.
- 1 package of 6" soft tortilla (8 in a package)
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef or chicken / turkey
- 1 - 19 ounce / 540 ml can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 jar (about 2 cups) of medium salsa
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt (I used 1/4 cup of each)
- 2 cups low fat shredded Mozzarella, Cheddar Cheese or a combination of both (whatever kind you have on hand)
- Brown the beef and drain the fat if needed.
- Add the taco seasoning, beans, corn and salsa.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan layer a bit of salsa, tortilla shells, sour cream mixture, cheese, beef, and continue with repeating the layers. It should give 4 layers.
- Top with the final amount of cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20-30 minutes and all the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- Serve with a fresh crisp salad.