Is salad season over? It's never over in our house. I tasted this incredible salad at my sister in law's as I helped her prepare for her son's rehearsal dinner. As I assembled it, I realized that this had the Asian flavors my family would love. I served it on Thanksgiving day and it was finished off right to the last drop. This is one of those recipes that can be prepared ahead of time.
- 3 heads of romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 pgk Mr. Noodle (chicken flavor)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- fresh herbs (dill, mint, basil)
- Cut romaine heads in half vertically and slice horizontally through the lettuce head.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Crunch noodles and add the noodles with spices to the skillet.
- Stir in nuts and seeds.
- Stir fry slowly at low heat, till the ingredients turn golden brown.
- Transfer to container and refrigerate till needed.
- Crumble nut mixture on top of lettuce bed, add fresh herbs and drizzle dressing prior to serving.
- 2 Tbsp. soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. grape seed oil
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar