Thousand Island Dressing *
These are two of my favorite home made salad dressings.
Both are quick and easy to make.
Buttermilk Herb Dressing
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- pepper to taste
- Blend mayonnaise and buttermilk in a jar or shaker
- Add fresh herbs. salt and pepper
- Shake or blend well.
- Store in refrigerator until needed.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 can ( 10 oz/284 ml) tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon green pickle relish
- Place all ingredients except relish in blender.
- Mix well.
- Stir in relish.
- Refrigerate until needed.
* Thousand Island dressing recipe can be doubled. Just be sure to refrigerate it in a tightly sealed jar.