When we have salmon I like to use the left overs
in pasta dishes. This simple filling is perfect in cannelloni,
manicotti or large shell pasta. Add a salad, and supper is ready.
- 1 200 gram package of cannelloni shells
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 250 gram tub ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups baked salmon, flaked into small pieces
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chipped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Do not over cook. Drain.
- In a non stick pan over medium heat saute garlic and peppers in olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir together next 7 ingredients and add peppers and garlic.
- Pour half the tomato sauce into a shallow casserole. Fill pasta shells with salmon filling and lay over sauce in a single layer.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta, making sure the pasta is all coated. Top with mozzarella.
- Bake in 350º oven for 30 minutes.