Note to Sierra: I'm not sure you will see this recipe but I named it for you! I was really sorry to miss you at the MCC Relief Sale ... I did look for you but didn't find you!
It is getting easier to buy Gluten Free products and crackers are one of the easier things to find that taste good but GF products are expensive and sometimes its just nicer to be able to make them yourself !
This cracker is quick, easy and loaded with healthy nutrients.
- 1/4 cup gf oatmeal flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp ground sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sesame seed for topping
- Measure dry ingredients into bowl and mix thoroughly
- Stir olive oil and water in a cup
- Pour liquids into dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until ball forms
- Place ball of dough onto a piece of parchment paper , flatten dough with hands , cover with a piece of plastic wrap and roll out the dough between parchment paper and plastic wrap until quite thin -- keeping sides as rectangular as possible.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and press them down under plastic wrap.
- Cut into desired shapes using knife or pizza wheel works well.. (cut but do not separate crackers)
- Slip parchment paper with crackers onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool , then separate crackers.
- Enjoy plain or with cheese or desired toppings.