This is a simple salad I made for an afternoon on our boat.
The flavor combination was one we really enjoyed.
When fresh peaches are no longer available,
you could substitute mango, papaya, canned mandarin oranges or nectarines.
- 4 cups fresh lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces (romaine, leaf or a mix of greens)
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion or fresh green onions
- 1 bell pepper cut into chunks ( I used half a red pepper and half a yellow)
- 1-2 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 small tomato, seeded and cut into chunks (optional)
- 1 small cooked chicken breast (per person), preferably grilled and chilled, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Ranch Dressing or Buttermilk Herb Dressing ( recipe scheduled for the 24th)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews.
- Layer all ingredients in order on individual plates and serve.
- Pass extra dressing. Serves 2-3 people