- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package 4 serving size Jello instant vanilla pudding (3.4oz.)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce or pear sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl of electric mixer and blend then beat at medium for 4 minutes.
- Pour into well greased and floured 10 inch tube or fluted tube pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- DO NOT UNDERBAKE.
- Cool in pan for 15 min. remove and cool on rack.
When the cake has cooled and before I serve it I give it a dusting of powdered sugar. It's good by itself or served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.