This recipe will feed approximately 12 people or more as a side dish. Make it up ahead of time when you know company is coming.
- 1 pound cooked pasta shells or bowties drained and cooled
- 16 ounces Italian Mix Giardiniera (marinated carrot, cauliflower, peppers, celery, pickles, onion)
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, julienned or whole
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion,
- 1/2 cup Italian salami of your choice, cut into strips or cubed
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- White balsamic citrus basil dressing or any Italian dressing you prefer to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- Garbanzo Beans (optional)
- Mix all ingredients togther.
- You can serve it immediately or if you want a more marinated taste let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours.
If you have ingredients that are your antipasto favorites go ahead and add them to the salad. If you like a meatier salad add more than 1 type of Italian salami to the bowl. Be creative to your families taste buds! This can be made a day ahead. After it has sat in the refrigerator you might want to add more dressing before you serve it...