Filling is enough for two:
- 1 lb / 500 gm of you favorite ham, shaved and then chopped.
- 4 cups of low fat Swiss Cheese.
- Thousand Island Dressing, enough to moisten to your liking.
- Make your dough, and after it rises divide into two.
- Roll each piece onto a 10x 15 inch greased cookie sheet.
- Place filling down the center, leaving the sides free of filling.
- Cut 1 inch strip from the filling to the outside of the pan.
- Fold strips over the filling to make it look like a braid.
- Brush the top with one beaten egg. Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds if you wish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 or 25 minutes, depending on your oven.
or try this filling:
- starting with rolling out your dough on the cookie sheet.
- down the center spread with a little Dijon mustard.
- lay on dry salami
- red peppers
- thinly sliced onion
- mushrooms and olives
- 2 cups of old cheddar cheese.
Be creative with your fillings, how about
- roasted veggies mixed with cream cheese
- left over chicken and broccoli with red onions and ranch dressing
- corned beef and sauerkraut.
- your favorite pizza fillings to make a stuffed pizza.
- roast beef with bbq sauce, caramelized onions, mushrooms,olives and cheddar cheese.
- the possibilities are endless.