Sometimes after a family meal the adults want to keep visiting at the table, so I pull out a little plastic cutting board, small cutters and pay dough for the kids. It keeps them really happy at the table...and the adults usually will join in the fun of creating.
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups water
- food colouring
- Mix all ingredients in a pot, and stir well.
- Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes stirring constantly until it begins to form a ball and becomes stiff.
- Store in airtight containers in refrigerator.
Home made play dough has a softer and smoother texture than purchased play dough.
and will keep well for up to a month.
Pull out your cookie cutters, child sized kitchen bake ware and other shapes and rollers,
and let the kids have fun.