Here is a recipe for a basic chocolate chip cookie. It comes out chewy with a slightly crunchy edge. A perfect lunch box treat, or afternoon snack with a glass of cold milk.
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Beat together margarine and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well and then stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake @375º for 8-10 minutes.
- Let sit on pan for half a minute before removing to cooling rack.