This recipe was introduced to us by another European chef. I love it when I have guests and they offer to cook for us and I of course have benefited from these recipes in my past years.
This year my daughter decided to grow her own butter lettuce in her newly raised garden bed.
It's simple, and delicious.
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 onion greens
- Add some fresh mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. oil
- Wash and clean your butter lettuce, spin dry, and make sure it is nice and crisp.
- Tear or shred it into bit size pieces.
- Add any of the other ingredients.
- Then whip the whipping cream till medium thickness, add egg and mustard, whipping some more. The texture should be smooth.
- Add salt, lemon juice and oil.
- Pour over freshly cooled butter leaves.