This recipe was introduced to us by a European chef. I love it when I have guests and they offer to cook for us and I, of course, have benefited from these recipes.
This year my daughter decided to grow butter lettuce in her newly raised garden bed.
It's simple and delicious.
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 onion greens
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 egg *
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Wash and clean your butter lettuce, spin dry, and make sure it is nice and crisp.
- Tear or shred it into bite size pieces.
- Add any of the other ingredients.
- Whip the whipping cream till medium thickness, add egg and mustard, whipping some more until smooth
- Add salt, lemon juice, and oil.
- Pour over freshly cooled butter leaves.
*young children, pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems should avoid raw eggYou'll be making this more than once.