- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup hot tap water
- Cream butter, and then add sugar, egg and molasses. Beat well.
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to butter mixture at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add hot water and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9"x9" greased pan.
- Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes.