My son isn't a big fan of carrots, but he LOVES these. I use the sauce on other veggies too and it is something that gives just plain veggies a bit of punch to them. I even have halved or omitted the butter......but honestly butter does make it better. Hey, that sounds like a commercial doesn't it?
- 1 lb. carrots or green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (or powder if you want to reduce sodium intake)
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Steam carrots until tender crisp.
- Melt butter, stir in other ingredients and toss with the carrots.
Enough for 4 servings, or 2 teenage boys.