- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 slices cinnamon raisin bread ~ thick sliced
- Preheat waffle maker and spray surface with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, then add remaining ingredients and whisk until well mixed (lump free).
- Dip 1 slice of bread into mixture and turn to cover both sides. Place in waffle maker and cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with warm maple syrup.
It's a quick and delicious brunch! That's my recipe...but feel free to use your favorite french toast dipping batter and give it a try. If you prefer plain french toast with srawberries and whipped cream....
...check out the instructions over at My Front Porch.
And here is another fun idea for your waffle iron...why not try your favorite loaf or muffin batter baked on your waffle iron? The possibilities are endless...and I can't vouch for them all! But, I did try pumpkin spice muffin waffles yesterday...and had them for an afternoon tea party with the grands. They were ready in minutes...and we enjoyed them hot off the press...smothered in butter...and they were quite yummy. So dust off your waffle iron and get creative!