One of our favorite places to go in Vancouver is at the Harbour . .where we enjoy the Smoked Salmon Pizza. It isn't pizza in the sense of pizza sauce and is definitely more likely enjoyed by adults. This last Christmas . . .I came up with a recipe that tastes very much like it. . .and we love it.
The dough has olive oil base and it sits in the fridge until you are ready to use it. .
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups of unbleached white flour
- Mix together the yeast, sugar and olive oil with the water in a large bowl.
- Mix in the flour with a wooden spoon and stir well.
- Cover but not airtight.
- Put in the fridge for a few days or leave on the counter for a few hours and use right away.
- I had mine in the fridge for several days before using it.
- Take half the dough and spread it on a large cookie sheet that had a smidge of olive oil on it. . .and let it rest a few hours.
- Bake the dough at 400 on the parchment paper and cookie sheet until firm .. .about 10 minutes. Put your desired toppings on ...for the Smoked Salmon Pizza. . .
- Spread, half a brick. . .4 ounces of cream cheese.
- Top with very thinly sliced smoked salmon .. .I bought mine at Costco
- Sprinkle on very thin red onion and finely chopped fresh dill weed.
- Put back into the hot oven or on a grill without the cookie sheet.
Just a crisp salad is all that is needed to make a nice dinner. .