The marinade for this flank steak is also used to spice up sour cream for a tasty sauce.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp season salt
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- 1 flank steak
- 4-6 flour tortilla shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- tomatoes, diced
- avocado, sliced
- cilantro, (optional)
- grated cheese
- 3 large peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place sour cream in a small glass bowl and add 2 tbsp of the marinade. Stir well, cover and place in refrigerator. This is a sauce to serve with the fajitas.
- Place flank steak in a shallow GLASS container and pour marinade over. (because of the ingredient of lime juice and tequila in the marinade it's important that you marinade in a non reactive container. I like to use a glass baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap (not foil) and place in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- Slice peppers and onions into a bowl. Toss with olive oil, cumin and taco seasoning. Cover and allow to marinade for at least one hour.
- Have all vegetables cut up and ready to serve.
- We grill on The Big Green Egg grill. You can saute the peppers and onions in a cast iron on the grill, or on your stove top. Keep them slightly crunchy.
- Grill marinaded flank steak basting with marinade several times during grilling.
- Remove from grill and allow steak to rest for 10 minutes. Slice very thin.
- Place flour tortillas on grill just shortly (watch closely) to get grill marks and heat slightly.
- Serve with flavoured sour cream, and other ingredients. Salsa is a nice addition to top it off...and we like a fresh squeeze of lime too.
|Peppers and onions grilling.|