Slow Cooker Brisket
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4-5 pound fresh beef brisket
1-1/2 cups ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup broth or water
1. In small bowl mix together brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, celery salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. Spray the inside of a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place brisket in slow cooker and rub all over with the mixture of spices.
3. In small bowl mix the remaining ingredients together setting aside 3/4 of this mixture for the end of the cooking cycle. Pour all but the 3/4 cup of liquid over the brisket in the crock pot.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Remove brisket to cutting board, let stand 10 minutes.
6. Drain all but 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid from the crock pot.
7. Add the reserved 3/4 cup of ketchup mixture to the 1/2 cup of the cooking liquids in the crock pot and cook on high for fifteen minutes.
8. Cut the brisket, transfer to serving dish and then pour the heated sauce from the crock pot over the meat.
This will serve up to 10 people, more if you use the meat in sandwiches.