Stir fry is a great meal to make when you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and very versatile by using whatever vegetables you have on hand. The sauce is what makes this stir fry so delicious and adds a lot of flavor. Serve over rice or rice noodles.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef, thinly sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into chunks
- drizzle of oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Stir fry the onions, garlic and peppers in a wok or large frying pan with a drizzle of oil for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan into a bowl.
- Add the frozen green beans and stir fry until it is bright green and there are slightly cooked. Remove into vegetable bowl.
- Add the beef and stir fry until the meat begins to brown.
- Add the red wine vinegar, soy sauce and honey for 6-8 minutes stirring frequently so the honey won't burn.
- Add the cornstarch mixed with the water to beef, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables including the cut tomatoes and heat through
*Cutting the beef into thin strips while it is still semi frozen makes it easier. If you bought it fresh, put it in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes and then slice it.