Do you have a tupperware jello mold in your cupboard that you haven't used in sometime?
Pull it out...because this recipe is so different you need to try it and then enjoy the rave reviews that my friend Shirley received when she brought it to a party. Even the shrimp nay sayers who took just a sample came back for a another cracker and Shrimp Mold dip.
If you don't have a gelatin mold, any bowl will work. ...just give it a spray of cooking spray and it should work just fine.
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 packet dry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablepoons chili sauce
- dash HP sauce
- 1 large minced celrey stalk
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 250 gram / 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 pound small cooked shrimp
- Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth and cream. Add the mayo and stir until smooth and set aside.
- Heat the soup on low and add the gelatine and then all the sauces and continue to heat on low until gelatine dissolves. Cool slightly.
- Whisk into the cream cheese mixture and add celery and onion and shrimp.
- Pour into an mold sprayed with cooking spray and chill overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Unmold and set on a serving plate as shown and serve with an assortment of crackers.