Add a salad or cut up veggies and these loaded potato skins become a meal.
They are also a great addition to an appetizer bar.
Ingredients: to serve 4
- 4 large russet baking potatoes
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- chives, snipped fine (or use green onions)
- sour cream
- Wash potatoes and poke each with the tines of a fork in several places.
- Bake potatoes unwrapped directly on oven grills at 400º until done. Approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Cut each baked potato length wise into four pieces.
- Scoop out potato flesh leaving a thin layer of the flesh on each skin. Save scooped out flesh for fried potatoes in the next day or two. Your family will love 'em!:)
- Fry bacon until crisp. Crumble.
- Grate cheese and snip chives.
- Place potato skins on a baking sheet. Brush each with melted butter. Broil for 3-4 minutes to just crisp them up. Watch so they do not burn. They should start to become golden.
- Remove from oven and top with bacon, chives and cheese.
- Place back under the broiler until the cheese is nicely melted and just begins to show signs of browning.
- Top with remaining chives and sour cream.