Last summer, when Lovella and I were in Waterloo, we were guests at a pot luck hosted by the former president of Herald Press. It was delicious food, I must say. This is a recipe I asked for. I finally got around to making it. So, thank you, Joan.
- 2 lbs mini red potatoes, cooked with peel
- 1 lb green beans, fresh or frozen (about 3 cups)
- 1 lb yellow beans ( I used 1 can yellow wax beans)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped ( I used a small shallot)
- 2/3 cup chopped dill ( or 1-2 tsp dried)
- 1 cup mayo ( I used half mayo, half low fat sour cream)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In medium sized pot, cover potatoes with water, add 1 tsp salt, bring to boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until done. Drain water and let cool. Cut in half.
- Steam beans, making sure you don't overcook to keep color and rinse with cold water. I also boiled eggs to add. Cool eggs in ice water for ease of peeling.
- Combine all ingredients and chill.