These cookies are more cake like than chewy. They are very moist and have just the right spice...
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped nuts of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and set aside.
Cream together the butter, white and brown sugar.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, and 2 tsp. vanilla to butter mixture.
- Beat until creamy.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoons.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool cookies.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies with a fork.
To make glaze:
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add milk as needed to achieve a good drizzling consistency.
- After you drizzle the cookies add some finely chopped nuts if you like.