Truth be told, I had never tried this Starbuck's holiday treat but they looked most delicious, so I just had to check them out for myself. We had friends coming over for coffee last night and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand...so here is my version. They are rather rich but most delightful!
Cranberry Bliss Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup diced dried cranberries
- 6 oz. white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened (half a brick)
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup diced dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make cake by beating butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, ginger and salt and beat well. Gradually mix in flour until smooth.
- Dice cranberries. Add 3/4 cup cranberries and white chocolate chunks to batter; fold in.
- Pour batter into a well-greased 9" x 13" baking pan...spread evenly. Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is lightly browned on the edges. Allow to cool.
- Make frosting by combining cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Frost cooled cake, using spatula to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup diced cranberries over freshly frosted cake
- Whisk together 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and shortening. Drizzle icing over cranberries. I used a pastry bag with a fine tip.
- Allow cake to sit for several hours before slicing.
- Slice the cake lengthwise through the middle; then cut across three times, making a total of eight rectangle slices. Slice each of these pieces in half diagonally.