- 3 eggs separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 chopped nuts, any is fine but I used almonds
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites
- beat whites until stiff peaks form
- beat eggs and sugar separately
- add oil to the egg yolks
- fold in the dry ingredients including nuts and vanilla
- gently fold in the egg white
- bake in a greased 9x13 pan for 30 min. @ 350
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
Spread evenly over cooled cake.
- 3 squares of semi-sweet chocolate melted with 2 TBSP butter
- Pour over top.
Add toasted almonds over top when chocolate is still wet, optional.
NOTE: It is best to cut the cake into desired serving pieces before the chocolate sets and is still soft. Keep cold, and is good right out of the freezer.