- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard (powder)
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 of the soup with beef, crumbs, egg, salt and pepper.
- Shape into about 8 patties.
- In large pot, brown patties, turning once. No oil needed unless meast is very lean. They easily loosen once they are browned.
- Blend the rest of the soup, water and remaining ingredients in a shaker. Pour over patties, once they are brown on both sides. Loosen patties gently with lifter.
- Cook over low heat about 20 - 30 min. Serve with mashed potatoes.