Celebrating three million visitors on our blog this week!
Thank you everyone!
Today. ..a contest for one MGCC cookbook giveaway begins on our facebook page on the discussion board. Haven't been to our facebook page? "Like it" today and join the discussions and recipe swaps.
and later in the week we'll be providing details here on the blog how you can enter a draw for a second cookbook give away.
Spelt flour is gaining popularity for its nutty texture and high protein content. It produces a tender cookie and pairs beautifully with oatmeal and almonds for a great cookie which is great for the freezer and lunch boxes.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups chopped natural almonds (skin on)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cream together the butter, sugars and honey.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and oatmeal in the order given.
- Add the almonds and raisins.
- Drop by spoonfuls on parchment lined cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork (the dough will be sticky).
- Bake until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets as the cookies will be quite soft until they cool.