It's Saturday! Pancakes are easy and quick to make and you don't need a mix.
Mix together the dry ingredients the night before and add your liquid ingredients in the morning while you heat your griddle or fry pan to medium heat.
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- Put all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk it together.
- In a measuring cup, combine the wet ingredients and then add all together to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Preheat griddle or fry pan to mediumn heat. Spray with cooking spray and then use a dab of butter for flavor.
- Drop by large tablespoons onto the pan and cook on one side until bubbles begin to appear and flip over for about a minute.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.