There's nothing like sitting around with friends and talking about recipes. I'm sure you've all heard these words,"Have you ever tried this recipe? You've got to try this one if you like chicken and mango." I love salads and it didn't take long and this new recipe was in my inbox. Thanks Elsie for sharing some delightful summer recipes. Serve this up with freshly baked biscuits and you have yourself a summer meal.
- 1 (6-oz) container Pina Colada Yogurt
- 1-1/2 - 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp. Caribbean jerk seasoning.
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce. ( I substituted fresh leafy lettuce)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 oz. (1cup) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 (15-oz) black beans drained and rinsed
- 11/2 cups diced peeled ripe fresh mango
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cashews
- In a small bowl mix all dressing ingredients until well blended.
- Find a clear serving bowl and layer all salad ingredient in order listed, except cashews.
- Spoon dressing evenly over salad; sprinkle cashews over top. Garnish with parsley.
If you live in the Harrisonburg, VA area, you might want to stop by Ten Thousand Villages today between 1 and 2:30 pm. Anneliese and Lovella will be there to 'meet and greet' and sign cookbooks!