I asked the granddaughter who isn't Celiac to be my taste-tester since she is the only one who knows what the sun-dried tomato tortillas are supposed to taste like.
Her comment ? "Nanna, I think you nailed this one!"
- 1/2 cup (or 60 gm) of sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of milk + 2 tbsp
- 1 3/4 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup white bean flour
- 1/2 cup white corn flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- sweet rice flour for rolling
- Soak sun dried tomatoes in 1 cup of water for a couple of hours or longer
- Process in blender until puréed , add milk and process until smooth
- Pour into mixer.
- Blend all dry ingredients together.
- Add to tomato/liquid mixture and mix well.
- Turn out onto counter dusted with sweet rice flour and knead lightly until dough is smooth, adding sweet rice flour as needed.
- Form dough into a roll , and cut into 12 pieces.
- Cover the pieces with plastic wrap or damp toweling.
- Roll out each piece as thin as possible and use a 9" plate as a template to cut out tortilla shell , adding the cut off excess dough to next piece of dough.
- Either roll out all shells first (you should get 13) or if you like to multitask, fry one tortilla while you are rolling the next. Pan fry with a tiny bit of oil about 30 sec. on each side.
Store tortilla shells in the fridge until needed.
To assemble as wraps -
For Chicken Caesar wraps , I used Romaine lettuce, chicken breast (cooked and cut into pieces) shredded Parmesan Cheese and Caesar dressing
- Place layered strip of filling down center of tortilla shell, leaving bottom 1/4 free
- Fold up bottom 1/4 of shell
- Fold in left side over filling
- Fold right side over filling , tucking into left side fold