Are you all wondering what to make for quick summer lunches?
My new favorite purchase from the bread aisle are the thin multigrain 100 calorie buns.
I use them for hamburgers or chicken burgers and also for making little individual pizzas.
- one thin bun per person. ..or more for hungry boys
- one jar pizza sauce ( I like the jars because I can put the lid back on and store for the week in the refrigerator)
- one lean slice Canadian bacon or ham. .pepperoni. .what ever your kids like
- shredded Italian or mozzarella cheese
- fresh sliced veggies from your garden
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper on your cookie sheet for easy clean up.
- Put down a cookie cooling rack so that your pizza's crisp underneath.
- Spread on a little pizza sauce.
- Layer meat, cheese and veggies last. (unless you need to hide the veggies. .then put them under the meat. .chopped very fine)
- Broil until the cheese melts and browns.
- Lunch under ten minutes. . . .and the older kids can make their own.