For Flashback Friday I thought I would remind you of these delicious cookies I posted a few years ago .. you can find the original recipe here
I have simplified the recipe somewhat in the update below ...
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 (4 oz) package of instant chocolate pudding
- one cup Julie's Flour mix or your favorite GF all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flakes
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream together butter, shortening and sugars
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add mixed together dry ingredients , stirring well
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until done. (Less time in oven leaves cookies softer, baking longer makes them crispier) . Let cool slightly before removing from pan.
** note -- this is quite a large recipe but it can easily be cut in half.