I had not planned on posting this here but when the date was free, I decided to take it, even if just for a super simple treat today. Maybe you have some littles in your family to do this with. As you can see, these three-year-olds can do it, so anyone can.
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large pot, over low heat, melt butter, then add the marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- Stir in vanilla and cereal.
- Press onto wax or parchment paper lined pan to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and insert lolly pop sticks. (optional) You can keep reshaping the cereal before it hardens.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Put the melted chocolate in a piping bag (or small zip-lock with a tiny hole cut in it) to outline or cover part of the Rice Krispie cookies. (I quickly did this and then let the girls sprinkle to their hearts content.)
- Refrigerate until set. Slip into tiny cellophane bags and tie.
Happy Valentines Day!