This is an easy last minute recipe for a tasty chili if you have all the ingredients on hand.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil of your choice
- 1-28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) of white chili beans
- 1 can (7 ounces) of diced green chiles
- 2 cups frozen roasted corn kernels
- 1 jalapeno chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Fresh tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Grated cheese
- Heat dutch oven with the 2 tablespoons oil then add the onion and cook till transparent.
- Add the ground chicken and cook through.
- Add the cans of tomatoes, beans, chiles, plus the corn, jalapeno, cumin and chili powder.
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer and continue simmering for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of cilantro, avocado, fresh tomatoes, green onions, sour cream and grated cheese.
- Serves: 4-6
You can omit any toppings you don't enjoy. If you don't have a source for roasted corn you can use any frozen corn.