The other day I looked through my stash of handwritten recipes and came across this one from long ago. I decided to make these waffles on a Saturday night when I didn't know what to make for supper. They were so delicious, airy, and light. I will be making them again. Next time I will make the sweet white sauce that's usually served with waffles in our household. Our granddaughter asked 'Grandma you didn't make white sauce'? The unthinkable in her books!
Add fresh fruit and bacon and you have a delicious breakfast, lunch, or supper.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs, buttermilk, oil, cottage cheese, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined, the mixture will be somewhat on the thin side.
- Cook in waffle iron until done..they will be golden in color.
- Serve with maple syrup or white sauce.
- Yield: 4 waffles