This is an easy way to take care of a savory side dish with grilled meat. These potatoes pair especially well with grilled pork tenderloin.
- 3 pounds mini potatoes (serves 6 - 8)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup half and half or cream (optional)
- Wash and slice mini potatoes into halves or thirds. Place in slow cooker.
- Add oil, shallot, garlic and spices. Stir.
- Begin with high heat for one hour, then turn down to cook for 2 - 3 hours, until soft.
- About 1 hour before serving, stir in cream if desired.
- Serve with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley or chives.