- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onions (white or red or a combination of both)
- 1/4 cup each of red and green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced, fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, celery, onions and peppers.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, chicken stock and Italian seasoning.
- Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables, mixing until well-combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate, allowing flavors to meld, for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Serves 6-8.
If you want a different flavor you could add Cajun seasoning instead of Italian and have a little kick or if your family likes heat add some diced jalapeno to the mix. You could use a rotisserie chicken as a shortcut, too.