This hearty and spicy dish can be baked in the oven or on your outdoor grill.
Makes one 8"cast iron skillet, serves 2-3
- 3 russet potatoes, washed and cubed
- 3-4 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Hot Italian sausages, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 eggs
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Wash and cube potatoes. Boil until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter and add diced tomatoes and water. Cook until tomatoes begin to get soft. Add in spices. Pour hot cooked tomatoes into the pot with the cooked potatoes.
- Place skillet back over heat source and add vegetable oil. Add chopped Hot Italian sausage pieces, onions and garlic. Saute until sausage gets brown and is cooked through.
- Add potato and tomato mixture to sausage mixture and allow to cook for about 15 minutes until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Dig a little well in the mixture for each egg and crack eggs into well. They will cook in the hot bubbly mixture. When eggs are half way cooked to your liking, top with crumbled feta cheese.
A great camping breakfast.