We all love some fresh ideas around salads. Here is a blueberry vinaigrette that I posted back a few years ago. Chef Dez is one of my inspirational chefs that I follow. I remember going to a cooking show years ago and this is how he threw this dressing together. It has become one of my favorites through out the summer months.I'm sure we have all enjoyed fresh blueberries in our salads, but what about in the dressing? Once again, take a salad bowl, prepare your ingredients and pour the dressing over.
Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a food processor. Puree on high speed until thoroughly combined. I used my hand blender.
- Add the olive oil slowly while the processor is still running. Makes approximately 1.5 cups of dressing.
- a bowl full of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or use any other fresh fruit
Toss ingredients into a medium size bowl and add the blueberry dressing. It's wonderful.