Here is a delicious slaw made without refined sugar!
Instead of sugar, I've used a flavoured balsamic vinegar.
It's delicious. Try it and see if you even miss the sugar.
You can cut or shred the ingredients according to your preference - coarse or fine
but try to keep all the ingredients roughly the same size.
- 1/2 a medium head of cabbage
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 a zucchini (halve it and discard the seedy core)
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pear/cranberry or apple flavoured balsamic vinegar
- dash of salt
- Cut up cabbage, apple and zucchini according to your preference. This time I cut the cabbage into a more coarse shred. Usually, I cut up the cabbage into a finer slaw.
- Mix mayonnaise and balsamic vinegar and salt, adding balsamic by the teaspoon if it is not sweet enough. Add more mayonnaise if you prefer a creamier slaw.
I made this recipe again just recently and used fresh nectarines and blueberries instead of the craisins. I also shredded the apple instead of finely chopping it.