If you love roasted yams, black beans and avocado along with Mexican flavors, these vegetarian tacos are for you. Even my meat loving husband enjoys these! I thought I'd share this recipe and then link to some other favorite meatless dishes today. Enjoy!
- 2-3 cups peeled and cubed yams
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed (1 cup)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 10 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- In a small oven proof dish, mix cubed yam with olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin. Bake uncovered for about 20-30 minutes at 400 F. Add Black beans and keep warm.
- In the meantime, mash avocado and add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas and stack
- Mix roasted yams, beans, chopped avocado and feta
- Serve warmed tortillas with sauce and veggie filling
For More Favorite Meatless Lunch/Dinner ideas:
Spinach with Eggs and hash browns
( check out our many options of roasted vegetable soups as well as homemade tomato soup)
These are just a few to begin with.
Do you have some favorite meatless dish ideas to share?