This pudding is chocked full of healthy ingredients and ones you can have on hand in your pantry.
Although I got this recipe from my sister who got it from a friend...that friend most likely found it on line. My choice of sweetener is agave syrup and I like to add a little vanilla.
(yields 4 1/2 cup servings)
- 1 400 gram (or some cans read 397grams)can coconut milk (not light)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds (I often buy the ones with added probiotics in them)
- 1 tbsp agave syrup ( you can use honey, maple syrup or other sweeteners of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fruit to top when serving, optional
- Place all ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake well to combine ingredients. Pour into mini mason jars or small bowls.
- Allow to sit in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. This allows the seeds to swell. You will still have the crunch of the seeds.
- Top or stir in fruit or serve plain. Stirring in a little of your favourite jam is good too..but then you may be adding sugar you don't want.
Keeps in refrigerator for up to a week.