Pineapple Cream Cake which I first posted back in December of 2008 is worth posting again.
It's quick to make, is light and delicious and keeps well in the fridge for a day or two.
- 1 angel food cake made either from scratch or a mix.
- 1 3.5 oz package Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- In a large bowl, mix undrained crushed pineapple with the powdered Vanilla instant pudding. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Whip cream in another bowl until stiff.
- Gently fold whipped cream into pineapple mixture until well blended.
- Slice cake into 2 or 3 layers.
- Spread a generous amount of pineapple cream between the cake layers and then ice cake with the remainder.
- Refrigerate until serving.