I use the term Canadian bacon because that is what it's called in California, where my daughter's mom-in-law, Kathy, lives and where the recipe comes from. Where I live we call it back bacon. This is a tasty meal that can be whipped up in about 15 minutes.
Ingredients: (for 2)
- 2 cups pasta of choice
- few tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams (approx 1/2 lb) back bacon (or smoked ham)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Italian seasoning to taste ( a few good shakes)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta in salted water, according to pkg directions. Do not overcook; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, simmer bacon with 1 Tbsp olive oil, add chopped onion and cook until transparent, then add crushed garlic, tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Cook on low until pasta is done, stirring to blend flavors.
- Add drained pasta and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Toss and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve with a Caesar salad or steamed asparagus.