- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans/almond
- Mix first three ingredients together and spread in 9x12 cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate the crust before you start step two, as it is much easier to spread.
- 1 package cream cheese 8oz.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 container cool whip (1 litre/ 4 cups)
- Mix together softened cream cheese with icing sugar, vanilla extract and cool whip.
- Spread this consistency on to a cold crust.
- two tins of cherry pie filling
- 11/2 cups whipping cream
- Spread cherry pie filling on top of the creamed cheese mixture. I like to use a generous amount...so I've opted for opening the second tin ensuring that there is ample pie filling.
- Beat your whipping cream, adding 1/4 cup sugar.
- Spread whipping cream on top and garnish with finely chopped nuts.
- Store in fridge until ready for use.