Cranberries pair so perfectly with Turkey and even more my favourite...
If you enjoy cranberry sauce then this simple quick chutney might become another option to try.
It is a little less sweet than regular cranberry sauce and has a hint of savoury.
It makes a beautiful hostess gift and if you make it a few weeks before the holiday and store it in the refrigerator you are ahead of the game.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Stir often to keep from scorching.
- Simmer uncovered about 30 - 35 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized 8 ounce jars and seal. Refrigerate until you use it.
Makes 6 cups.