Serve this pizza right off the grill as an appetizer or a main meal along with a salad. Italian sausage blended with tomatoes, feta, basil and a drizzle of Greek Salad dressing will have you dreaming of the Mediterranean.
- 4 hand stretched naan breads (or homemade pizza crust)
- 1 pkg Italian sausage (basil, mild or hot)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled or chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped or freeze dried basil (approx)
- 2 - 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (approx)
- 4 Tbsp Greek salad dressing ( I used Renee's Mediterranean Greek)
- To prepare pizza for cooking on the grill, place naan bread on pizza stone or on doubled up extra strong aluminum foil lined with parchment paper. You can also bake it on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Remove the sausage from it casing and cook on medium heat, breaking it apart and stirring until it resembles cooked hamburger meat. Add chopped onion and mushrooms, stirring and cooking until soft. One package (4 sausages) will make more than needed. Use for double recipe or freeze extra cooked sausage for another use or time.
- Spread cooked sausage, onion, mushroom mixture on naan. Add green pepper if using. You can also use chopped kalamata olives according to taste.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, feta, basil.
- Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan and then the mozzarella cheese.
- Just before placing on the grill, drizzle with dressing.
- Cook with lid closed (checking) until cheese is melted. (about 10 - 15 minutes)