I discovered Zipzicle ice-pop pouches last year...wee zip lock pouches that make it easy to create custom-made freezies. They can be ordered on-line or purchased at specified stores in the USA...and filled with fruits or juices of your choice. The three varieties featured here are the ones my grands are enjoying this summer. They think the gummy worm ice-pops are #1. My pick is the strawberry pina colada version...which reminds me of my favorite breakfast parfait (strawberries, bananas and oranges with pina colada yogurt). And...for old-times sake...I made up some root beer float Zipzicles. We're going camping with the grands soon...and the Zipsicles fit nicely in the freezer of the RV. Who doesn't like a cold treat on a hot day?
Strawberry Pina Colada Zipzicle
- 1 cup pina colada yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Fill Zipsicle bags using a funnel or kitchen baster..
- Freeze in an upright position.
- Gummy worms
- 4 cups lemonade
- Prepare lemonade.
- Pinch top of bag open and pour juice until bag is 2/3 full.
- Drop in gummy worms and top up with juice to fill line.
- Zip closed and place on a paper-towel lined cookie sheet.
- Lightly poke worms to distribute evenly in bag.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer until Zipzicles are solid.
- 2 cups vanilla ice-cream
- 1 can rootbeer
Fill Zipsicle bags using a funnel or kitchen baster.
Freeze upright until solid.